Last update: September, 2018
You can visit Zero Waste France website without giving any personal data. In any case, you have no obligation to provide this piece of information to Zero Waste France.
Nevertheless, in the case of such a refusal, you may not benefit from some information regarding the services you are asking for. Zero Waste France may, in some cases, ask you to give your first name, given name, email address, phone number, company and title (hereinafter your “Personal Data”). By providing this information, you expressly agree that it can be used by Zero Waste France, for the purposes mentioned in Section 2 below as well as the purposes written at the end of each form.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation approved by the European Parliament on April 14, 2016 and to the amended French Data protection act of January, 6, 1978, Zero Waste France informs the following :
- Identity of the responsible for personal data processing: the responsible is the association Zero Waste France, with its head office in 3 rue Charles Nodier 75018, PARIS – France.
- Purposes of processing Personal Data: Zero Waste France may process your Personal Data, in order to provide information or services that you have asked for. (among which: sending newsletter, contacting you); and/or in order to collect information that contributes to improve the website and services (particularly by using cookies)
- Recipients: Zero Waste France is the only recipient of your Personal Data. Your Personal Data, whether it be aggregated or individual data, shall never be given to a third party. Zero Waste France, nor any of its subcontractors, shall market the personal data of the Visitors and Users of its website.
- Data storing period: your Personal Data is stored by Zero Waste France only for a period of time that corresponds to the purpose of data collection as hereinafter mentioned, that shall not exceed 13 months.
- Rights granted by the French Data Protection and Privacy Act: you have the following rights related to your Personal Data, that you can use by writing to the postal address below or by filling out the contact form:
Right of access and of communicating data
You shall have the right to obtain personal data concerning him or her.
However, as Zero Waste France has the duty of security and confidence in your personal data processing, you are informed that your request will be processed if you can prove your identity, via a scan of your ID (when using our electronical form) or a signed copy of your ID (written request).
Zero Waste France informs that the organisation shall have the right, if need be, to object to manifestly unreasonable requests (because they are too many, too frequent or too automatic).
To assist you with this process, particularly if you want to exercise your right of access by writing to the postal address mentioned in item 1, you will find in this link an email template written by the CNIL (French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties).
Right to rectification
In respect of this right, you are legally authorised to have rectified, updated, locked or deleted your personal data that turn to be inaccurate, wrong, incomplete or obsolete, if need be.
Also, you shall define general and particular rules regarding your personal data after your death. If need be, the heirs can require the settlement of the estate of the deceased and/or the necessary updates.
To assist you with this process, particularly if you want to exercise this right, on your behalf or on behalf of one of your deceased relatives, by writing to the postal address mentioned in item 1, you will find in this link an email template written by the CNIL.
Right to object
You may exercise this right only in one of the two situations below:
1) When exercising this right is based on legitimate reasons; or
2) When exercising right aims at preventing that the data gathered be used for commercial prospecting purpose.
To assist you with this process, particularly if you want to exercise your right to object, by writing to the postal address mentioned in item 1, you will find in this link an email template written by the CNIL.
- Response time: Zero Waste France shall answer to your right if access, rectification, or object or any additional information request within a reasonable time that shall not exceed 1 month after receiving your request
- Complaint to the relevant Party: if you consider that Zero Waste France does not respect its obligations regarding your Personal Data, you can submit a complaint or a request to the relevant Party. In France, the relevant Party is the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL), that can be contacted electronically clicking on this link.
General information about cookies in this website
Zero Waste France, as the holder of the website, shall implement a cookie on the hard disk of your device (computer, tablet, mobile, etc.) to guarantee a fluid and optimised navigation in our website. Cookies are small text files that allow to recognise your computer, your tablet, your mobile phone in order to personalise the services that we are proposing.
The information we gather via cookies do not allow us in any manner to get your identity. It is exclusively used for our own needs in order to improve the interactivity and the performance of our website and to address you the content adapted to your interests. No information shall be communicated to third parties, unless Zero Waste France asked for your consent or when communicating this information is a legal requirement, by a court or any administrative or judicial authority that is allowed to access this information.
To help you understand better the information the cookies identify, you will find below a table that shows the different types of cookies that may be used in Zero Waste France website, their name, their purpose and their lifetime.
Setting your cookies preferences
You shall accept or refuse, at any time, the installation of cookies.
When you visit for the first time Zero Waste France website, a banner that presents shortly the information related to placing cookies and similar technologies is displayed at the bottom of your screen. This banner warns you that if you continue your navigation in Zero Waste France website (by loading a new page or by clicking in different elements in the website for instance), you may accept the installation of cookies in your device.
According to the type of cookies, the collection of your consent to the installation and to the lecture of cookies in your device may be required.
- Cookies that do not require prior consent
According to the recommendations of the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL), some cookies shall not require your prior consent as they are strictly necessary to be using the website or as their exclusive purpose is to allow or facilitate the electronical communication. Among them, you can find session ID cookies, authentication cookies, Load balancing based on session cookies as well as user interface customization cookies. These cookies are subject to the present Policy as they are issued and managed by Zero Waste France.
- Cookies that require prior consent
This type of cookies includes cookies that measure audience (among them, Google Analytics), advertising cookies (not used by Zero Waste France) as well as social network cookies (among which, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- You can use several cookie setting tools :
Most of the Internet browsers are set by default in order that the placing of cookies is authorised. Your browser allows you to change these standard parameters so that all the cookies may be rejected automatically or only a part of them be accepted or denied according to the issuer.
ATTENTION: Please note that if you deny the placing of cookies in your device, your user experience as well as your access to some services or functions of this website may be altered. If this occurs, Zero Waste France accepts no responsibility regarding the consequences related to the deterioration of your navigation that may occur because of your choosing to deny, delete or block the cookies necessary to this website. Such consequences shall not be considered as a damage and you shall not be entitled to any compensation.
Your browser also permits to delete the existing cookies in your device or to advise when new cookies can be placed in your terminal. Such settings do not influence your navigation but deprive you of the benefit of the cookie.
Please find below the several tools you can use in order to set your cookies placed in your device.
- Setting your Internet browser
Each Internet browser provides its own cookie management settings. In order to know how you can change your cookie preferences, you will find below the links to the help necessary to open your navigator menu provided for that purpose:
For more information regarding the cookie management tools, you can also visit the CNIL website.